Tuesday 9 March 2010

Long Overdue...

Dear Readers, I have been unforgivably absent.

The essays are now in, I have unpacked several thousands boxes in our new family home (which had no Wifi) and I am BACK...

So, yesterday... The Oscars...

General consensus is that Elie Saab won the red carpet war... Rachel McAdams' dress was my personal favourite. Anna Kendrick's was gorgeous too.

Rachel and Ann.... Oooh Yes...

Marchesa comes a close second, for being bold but still pretty...
I was surprised at Miley, she looked stunning!
V E R Y ladylike...
Kristin, despite COMPLETELY mucking up her lines (and, really, what was she doing up there anyway?) she did rock her Monique Lhuillier dress...
J-Lo and Amanda's Armani Prive dresses were my least favourite...
Structural in all the wrong ways...
Probably the biggest fashion boo-boo was made by Charlize... And Dior...
O-hooo-noooo...

If anyone's interested, I would and will wear one of these when it's my turn to walk the most fabulous carpet of all...

Elie Saab Spring 2010 Couture
I would die for any of these dresses, I really would...
Chanel Spring 2010 Couture
Obviously minus the creepy look and the cr-A-zy hair...
Sources: Style.com and Oscar.com

1 comment:

Georgie said...

See, the thing is I totally agree with all points APART from the whole Chanel 2010 couture...they are glorified silk sacks. Beautiful details but for women in general, unless they are tall and super skinny it is an awful look - Sarah Jessica looked lovel makeup wise just the dress did her figure no favors.
Vera farmiga marches dress won for me. THE COLOUR!!!!!! AH!!!perfect for her skin tone. I Loved it so much and the swirling folds of fabric were fantastic. Elie saab was very pretty, I love a flowing chiffon number as much as the next girl and would gratefully prance around in one all day but aesthetically I think the marchesa dresses just hit that top note.