Saturday 13 November 2010

Giant Polo Ponies Take Bond Street!

Perhaps we all get complacent about these things nowadays, but I was honestly starting to think that technology couldn’t surprised me any more. I was entirely wrong. I read about the Ralph Lauren 4D experience online, and thought nothing of it – 3D technology is in every cinema now and, increasingly, on TV too – and how different could one more D be?

Well, not understanding anything about the technology, this is visually stunning. I love that fashion is leading the way in this, but I can’t help but wonder what else they can do with it, while at the same time worrying that we’ll soon be walking around in a world reminiscent of Inception, with streets folding over on themselves and building appearing and disappearing instantaneously… Alarming thought for a Saturday morning!


The Official Ralph Lauren 4D Experience - London from Ralph Lauren on Vimeo.

No comments: